The role will comprise of the following duties:
- The preparation, organisation and execution of training sessions from 7.00 – 8.45pm on Mondays and Wednesdays
- appropriately planning for and determining game strategy while also attending matches on Saturdays (with occasional Sunday and midweek matches) throughout the season.
- Liaising with relevant members of the club committee other Coaches and Team Managers as required
- To be a positive role model, creating a positive and enjoyable environment in which to motivate players and encourage participation
- To develop players’ skills to compete at the highest level
- Being responsible for team selection
- Conducting trials of prospective team members during pre-season
Potential candidates should have the following skills:
- Ability to develop and implement high quality, varied and creative coaching sessions, focusing on player skill development and creating tactical awareness
- Strong interpersonal skills enabling confident communication with players of varying ages with the ability to understand personality differences and manage them appropriately.
- Good leadership skills with an ability to motivate individuals and create a team ethos with commitment and hard work from the players.
- Ability to organise with attention to detail and in an efficient manner
- Good observational and analytical skills
- Possess knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport.
For the 2018/2019 season Rathgar are targeting a top 5 finish in Division 1.
- Should possess a Level One Hockey Coaching qualification or equivalent coaching experience
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion
- Ability to manage and resolve conflict efficiently and effectively.
- Are subject to Garda Vetting and will be required to agree to the LHA Code of Conduct for Sports Leaders and have completed a code of ethics course
All interested candidates should apply with their C.V. to Ladies Club Captain Liz Kehoe @ firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday 29th June 2018. Appropriate remuneration will be discussed with potential applicants during the interview process.