Rathgar Hockey Club are seeking a Ladies’ 4th team (Div. 11) Coach for the upcoming 2017/2018 season.
The role will comprise of the following duties:
- To produce and implement a well-structured and progressive coaching programme to meet the needs of players
- The preparation, organisation and execution of training sessions from 7-9pm on Mondays and Wednesdays
- To appropriately plan for and attend matches on Saturdays (with occasional Sunday and midweek matches) throughout the season.
- To be a positive role model, creating a positive and enjoyable environment in which to motivate players and encourage participation
- To develop players’ skills to compete at Division 10 and above.
- Being responsible for team selection
- To develop and integrate young players into the senior squad
- Liaising with relevant members of the club committee other Coaches and Team Managers as required
Potential candidates should have the following skills:
- Ability to develop and implement high quality, varied and creative coaching sessions, focusing on player skill development and creating tactical awareness
- Ability to communicate in a highly effective manner with players and have excellent team-building skills
- Ability to organise with attention to detail and in an efficient manner
- Ability to instruct and lead players
- Ability to motivate players to perform to the best of their ability
- Ability to manage a squad with potentially different abilities
For the 2017/2018 season Rathgar are targeting a top 2 finish for our 4’s in order to be promoted to Division 10.
- Should ideally possess a Level One Hockey Coaching qualification or relevant coaching experience
- are subject to Garda Vetting and will be required to agree to the LHA Code of Conduct for Sports Leaders and complete a code of ethics course
If you would like to apply for the position or have any queries, please contact
Club Captain Liz Kehoe at firstname.lastname@example.org / 087 2891169 before Monday 31st July 2017.
Appropriate remuneration will be discussed with potential applicants during the interview process.